The Second International Conference on Gastronomy Tourism, presented as FoodTrex Pamplona in cooperation with the World Food Travel Association, is the most important Food Tourism event in Spain. This Conference will be held in Pamplona (North Spain) on the 21st and 22nd of February 2019.
The main objective of this Conference is to provide the audience a complete vision of the process of developing a Food Tourism product or destination, addressing methodology and tools, and providing illustrative examples of some of the best practices around the world. As one of leading food tourism conferences, you’ll meet leaders, experts, influencers and practitioners who will present ideas to help grow your business and your destination.
The conference program takes place over two days. The first day is dedicated to Destinations (Public Sector), while the second day is devoted to the Private Sector (entrepreneurs, business owners and managers, etc.).
Throughout the conference we will address questions such as:
- How to identify opportunities and define achievable objectives.
- How to create an effective development strategy.
- How to involve all stakeholders in the development strategy.
- How to create gastronomic tourism experiences.
- How to reach the customer.
- How to adapt to the market.
- What are the latest trends and fashions embraced by food lovers.
Over 25 speakers from around the world will share their knowledge with us, among them:
- Erik Wolf, World Food Travel Association, USA.
- Patrick Torrent, Agència Catalana de Turisme, Spain.
- Marc Crothall, Food Tourism Board and Scottish Tourism Alliance, Scotland, UK.
- Dra. Luisa Puppo, Ligucibario, Italy.
- Chantal Cooke, Passion for the Planet, UK.
- Clara Bosh, Ruta del Vino Somontano, Spain.
- Sophie Cassis, Green Haven Gardens and Le Bon Goût Frais des Îles de la Madeleine, Québec, Canada.
- John Mulcahy, former Head of Food Tourism at Fáilte Ireland. Irlanda
- Margarita Calleja, Extremadura Turismo, Spain.
- Kathryn Davis, Visit Bristol, UK.
- Antoni Aguiló, Fra Roger Association for Food and Culture, Menorca, Spain.
- Kosuke Nakamori, Manager, Japan National Tourism Organization, Japan.
Who should attend?
Anyone with interest in the Food & wine tourism industry!
Attendees include the decision-makers and important players in the tourism industry. Owner/operators, educators, destination marketers, industry organizations and government all come together to discuss issues, network and take advantage of learning opportunities to enhance gastronomy tourism in the world:
Marketing managers and strategists
Branding, PR and advertising professionals
Destination marketers and governments
Small business owners and entrepreneurs
Trainers and educators
Bloggers seeking to do more
People considering a career change
Students forging their career path